General Terms and Conditions with Customer Information
Last Update: 7. November 2022
Table of contents
- Validity of the GTC
- General Information on Offers and Orders
- Ordering Process and Conclusion of Contract
- Contract Text and Contract Language
- Prices and Shipping Costs
- Payment Methods and Terms
- Purchase on account
- Delivery, Availability of Goods
- Sale of Vouchers
- Promotional vouchers
- Instructions on Withdrawal
- Warranty and Liability
- Dispute Resolution
1. Validity of the GTC
- The following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") shall apply exclusively to the business relationship between Evano GmbH, Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin, Germany (hereinafter referred to as "Vendor") and the purchaser, who is hereinafter referred to as "Customer", of the Vendor's products, goods and services (hereinafter referred to as "Products" or "Goods").
- Deviating terms and conditions of the Customer shall not be accepted, even if the Vendor fulfils his/her contractual obligations without objection, unless the Vendor expressly agrees to the validity of the Customer's deviating terms and conditions.
- A "Consumer" within the meaning of these GTC is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly neither attributable to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity.
- "Entrepreneur" within the meaning of the GTC is a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
2. General Information on Offers and Orders
- The presentation of the products in the shop, on websites and in digital printed brochures or catalogues or comparable product presentations of the Vendor does not constitute a legally binding offer, but an invitation to place an order and thus the offer of the Customer.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the details they provide are accurate and for notifying any changes to the Vendor if they are necessary for the Vendor's fulfilment of the contract. In particular, Customers are responsible for ensuring that the e-mail and delivery addresses they provide are accurate and that any obstructions to receipt for which Customers are responsible are taken into account accordingly (e.g. by checking the spam folder of the email software used).
- Customers are requested to carefully read and observe the instructions during the ordering process and, if necessary, to use the available support functions of their software and hardware (e.g. magnification or read-aloud functions). Required information will be appropriately identified as such by the Seller for the Customers (e.g. by optical highlighting and/or asterisk signs). Until the order is submitted, the Customers can change and view the product selection and their entries at any time, as well as go back in the ordering process or cancel the ordering process altogether. For this purpose, the Customers can use the available and common functions of their software and/or end device (e.g. the forward and back buttons of the browser or keyboard, mouse and gesture functions on mobile devices). Furthermore, unwanted entries can be corrected by canceling the ordering process.
3. Ordering Process and Conclusion of Contract
- The Customer can select from the products offered in the Vendor's assortment to the Customer and collect them in a so-called shopping basket. In the selection within the shopping basket, the product selection can be changed, e.g. deleted. Otherwise, the customer can initiate the completion of the order process.
- By clicking on the button that concludes the ordering process, the Customer makes a binding offer to the Vendor to purchase the products in the shopping basket.
- The Vendor may accept the Customer's offer within five days (hereinafter referred to as the "Acceptance Period"). The Acceptance Period begins with the completion of the order process by the Customer. The Acceptance Period begins with the completion of the order process by the Customer (in the store, or if used and named, on the platform used or by means of other communication channels) and ends with the expiry of its last day. The Vendor may accept the Customer's offer by means of an explicit acceptance of the offer, also by e-mail. Acceptance may also be affected by dispatch of the goods and their receipt by the Customer within the Acceptance Period, as well as by a request for payment addressed by the Vendor to the Customer and at the latest by the completion of the payment process. In the event of several acceptance events, the earliest acceptance date shall be decisive. If the Vendor does not accept the Customer's offer within the Acceptance Period, no contract shall be concluded and the Customer shall no longer be bound by his/her offer.
4. Contract Text and Contract Language
- The Vendor saves the text of the contract and makes it available to the Customers in text form (e.g. by e-mail or printed with the delivery of the order). The Customer can print the text of the contract before submitting the order to the Vendor by using the print function of his browser or the save function for web pages in the last step of the ordering process.
- If Customers have created a customer account, they can view their placed orders in their account. The full text of the contract is not accessible in the account area.
- The contractual language is German, contracts can be concluded in this language.
- The contractual language is English, contracts can be concluded in this language.
5. Prices and Shipping Costs
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are total prices including the applicable statutory value added tax (VAT).
- The delivery and shipping charges incurred in addition to the sales price will be notified or linked to the Customer in the respective product description and before the order is completed.
- In the case of a delivery to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, additional taxes (e.g. import duties) or costs (e.g. bank charges) may be incurred. These expenses are not paid by the Vendor, but are to be paid by the Customer to the appropriate tax or customs authorities. The Vendor recommends that the Customer obtain information on possible further costs from the competent authorities and on the basis of the national regulations that apply to the Customer
6. Payment Methods and Terms
- Unless otherwise agreed, payments shall be made without discounts, reductions or other rebates.
- When using financial institutions and other payment service providers, the terms and conditions and data protection information of the payment service providers also apply with regard to payment. Customers are requested to observe these regulations and notes as well as information within the framework of the payment process. This is particularly because the provision of payment methods or the course of the payment procedure may also depend on the agreements between the Customer and financial institutions and payment service providers (e.g. agreed spending limits, location-restricted payment options, verification procedures, etc.).
- The Customer shall ensure that the Customer fulfills the conditions incumbent upon the Customer, which are necessary for successful payment by means of the selected payment method. This includes, in particular, sufficient coverage of bank and other payment accounts, registration, legitimation and authorization with payment services and confirmation of transactions.
- If a payment is not made or reversed due to insufficient funds in the Customer's account, the provision of incorrect bank details or an unjustified objection by the Customer, then the Customer shall bear the fees incurred as a result, provided that the Customer is responsible for the failed or reversed booking and, in the case of a SEPA credit transfer, was informed of the transfer in good time (so-called "pre-notification").
- Credit card payment - When placing an order, Customers provide their credit card details. The Customer's credit card will be charged immediately after completion of the order and after the Customer's authorisation as the legitimate cardholder.
- PayPal Plus (PayPal) - The Customer must have a PayPal account and pays the amount owed by means of the PayPal transaction process.
- In the context of the "PayPal Checkout payment method, the Vendor may use third party payment service providers for the purpose of payment processing. The following information applies to PayPal or the respective named third party payment service providers (collectively referred to as "Checkout payment service providers"). The terms and conditions of the Checkout Payment Service Provider communicated to the Customer shall apply. If the Vendor offers a purchase on account or payment by installments via the Checkout payment service provider, the Vendor reserves the right that a prerequisite of the payment method is a successful check of the address and creditworthiness of the customer by the Checkout payment service provider. The Vendor assigns the payment to the Checkout payment service provider. A debt-discharging payment can only be made to the Checkout payment service provider in accordance with the conditions and the selected, or stated, payment term of the Checkout payment service provider. In the event of payment by means of a SEPA direct debit mandate, the Customer shall issue a SEPA direct debit mandate to the Checkout payment service provider. By issuing the SEPA direct debit mandate, the Checkout payment service provider is authorized to initiate the payment transaction, which automatically debits the Customer's bank account. The Customer will be informed about the date of debiting the bank account (referred to as "Pre-Notification").
- Apple Pay - The use of Apple Pay requires registration for this payment method. The payment transaction is carried out based on the conditions of Apple Pay, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. Further information and conditions: https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
- Stripe - The use of Stripe may require registration for this payment method, depending on the selected payment methods. The payment transaction is carried out on the basis of Stripe's terms and conditions, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. Further information and conditions: https://stripe.com/de.
7. Purchase on account
If the Vendor performs in advance, the delivered products shall remain the property of the Vendor until payment has been made in full.
8. Delivery, Availability of Goods
- The ordered goods will be delivered to the specified delivery address, unless otherwise agreed.
- If a payment service provider is used with whom a delivery address is deposited and this delivery address is notified to the Vendor as being decisive for the ordered delivery through the use of the means of payment by the Customer, the goods shall be delivered to the deviating delivery address.
- Should the delivery of the goods fail through the fault of the Customer despite three attempts at delivery, the Vendor may withdraw from the contract. Any payments made will be refunded to the Customer without delay.
- If the ordered product is not available because the Vendor is not supplied with this product by its supplier through no fault of its own, in particular with regard to securing the supply and a possible as well as reasonable effort on its part, the Vendor may withdraw from the contract. If no comparable product is available or if the Customer does not wish a comparable product to be delivered, the Vendor shall immediately reimburse the Customer for any payments already made.
- Customers are requested to report obvious transport damage as soon as possible to the transport company or carrier or otherwise to notify us of the transport damage. This does not create any obligation for Customers who are consumers, the non-notification does not limit the legal rights of the Customer, in particular the warranty and revocation rights as well as the enforcement of these rights.
9. Sale of Vouchers
- These GTC apply accordingly to the sale of vouchers embodying material or monetary values.
- The Customer will be provided with the possibility to download the ordered vouchers.
- The ordered vouchers will be sent to the Customer at the e-mail address provided.
- The ordered vouchers are provided to the Customer as output on the screen.
10. Promotional vouchers
- "Promotion Vouchers" are vouchers which are issued free of charge by the Vendor within the scope of, for example, promotional campaigns (e.g. discount vouchers with percentage or fixed discounts). In contrast, vouchers that embody a certain monetary or material value and are purchased by the Customer as a product shall not be considered Promotion Vouchers.
- Promotion Vouchers can only be accepted on the terms and conditions communicated, subject to restrictions, e.g. validity for certain product groups, frequency of use and, in particular, only within the specified time limit.
- Unless otherwise stated, Promotional Vouchers cannot be combined with other Promotional Vouchers.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Promotional Vouchers issued to recipients may not be transferred to third parties.
- Promotion vouchers issued by the Vendor may only be redeemed with the Vendor.
- Unless otherwise stated, Promotion Vouchers can only be redeemed prior to completion of the order process.
- If an amount remains to be paid after a Promotional Voucher has been redeemed, this can be settled using the payment options offered by the Vendor.
- If a Promotion Voucher exceeds a value of goods, it will only be taken into account up to the value of the goods without any payment of the remaining amount.
11. Instructions on Withdrawal
- The information on the right of withdrawal for Consumers can be found in the Vendor's instructions on withdrawal.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to Consumers whose domicile, habitual residence or delivery address at the time of conclusion of the contract and delivery is outside a Member State of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and who do not belong to any of these Member States.
- Customers can access the Vendor's instructions on withdrawal at the following Internet address: https://www.sarahdorweiler.com/shipping-refund-policy/
12. Warranty and Liability
- Subject to the following provisions, the warranty (statutory liability for defects) shall be determined in accordance with statutory provisions.
- The Vendor shall not be liable for the Customer's Internet connection or the software and hardware used by the Customer or any disruptions caused by them to the conclusion or performance of the contract between the Customer and the Vendor.
- The Vendor shall be liable for damages without limitation insofar as the cause of the damage is based on intent or gross negligence. Furthermore, the Vendor shall be liable for the slightly negligent breach of essential obligations, the breach of which endangers the achievement of the purpose of the contract, for the breach of obligations, the fulfilment of which makes the proper performance of the contract possible in the first place and on the compliance with which the customer regularly relies (cardinal obligations) or in the case of agreed guarantee commitments. In this case, however, the Vendor shall only be liable for the foreseeable, contract-typical and expectable damage. The Vendor shall not be liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those mentioned above. The above limitations of liability shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health, for a defect following the assumption of a guarantee for the quality of the product and in the event of fraudulently concealed defects. Liability under the product liability law remains unaffected. Insofar as the Vendor's liability is excluded or limited, this shall also apply to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents. In all other respects, claims for damages by the Customer shall be excluded. The above liability provisions shall also apply to claims for damages by the Customer under the Vendor's statutory warranty.
- The limitations of warranty and liability obligations as well as shortening of deadlines in this respect shall not apply to claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses of the Customer, goods that have been used in accordance with their customary use for a building and have caused its defectiveness as well as to existing update obligations in the case of contracts for digital products.
13. Dispute Resolution
- The European Commission provides a platform for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR), which can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Consumers have the possibility to use this platform to settle their disputes.
- We are not willing and not obliged to participate in any dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
Created with Datenschutz-Generator.de by Dr. jur. Thomas Schwenke